Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tiffany Twisted

By Larry Mondello

Some indications this weekend that Katie Couric is jumping to CBS for a zillion dollars and the 6:30p (ET) slot.

The old me would have pulled out the "Murrow spinning in his grave" cliche. But I have decided that I don't care what Rather or Rooney or Wallace or even Cronkite think. At some point, grandpa dies and you have to move on.

The network evening newscast is a whole new animal. With cable news and the Internet, there are very few surprises that can wait until 6:30 (5:30 Central).

I see nothing wrong with CBS trying something new. Personally, I would have gone the Jon Stewart route, but that's OK.

I am not a Couric fan. I probably won't watch more than the first night, out of curiosity. Face it, Scott Pelley or John Roberts just weren't the guys to do the job. Let Katie have a try.

I mean, good God; if George Bush can be president (TWICE!), we can at least put up with Katie Couric in the anchor chair.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Daniel Gale-Grogen said...

Huzzah and kudos to Couric for her apparent departure to head "The CBS Evening News." This means that, if I play my cards and my TiVo right, I will never have to see her Joker smile again.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M2TS Converter
m2TS to PS3
m2TS to PSP
m2TS to iPod
m2TS to iPhone
m2TS to AVI Converter
m2TS to MP4 Converter
m2TS to MPG Converter
m2TS to VOB Converter
m2TS to DivX Converter
m2TS to FLV Converter
m2TS to MOV Converter
M2TS Converter is a powerful software that can convert M2TS files to other formats, such as WMV, AVI, ASF, MPEG, , MP4, MOV, 3GP, VOB, FLV, WMA, MP3, etc, which are seperately supported by iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, PSP, PS3, Pocket PC, Creative Zen, Archos, and other Video players and audio players. Besides, the converting process is superfast and high-quality .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home