Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Just Wait

By Cassandra D

I pretty much knew, as I'm sure the rest of you did, as soon as I heard about the kidnapping of American soldiers that they would be found dead in some horrible way. So it was without surprise but with sorrow and anger that we have heard about the recovery of their mutilated bodies. I suspect we will hear of a video soon, too.

I can't bring myself to look at the right-wing blogs or listen to Rush or O'Reilly but I will be incredibly surprised if they aren't saying that Democrats are rejoicing over the deaths and torture because Democrats hate progress in Iraq because Democrats hate for Bush to succeed. Can't you hear them say it?

I was going to just come right out with an inflammatory straw-man and say, "Rush and O'Reilly are having a great day. They just love that our soldiers were tortured and beheaded. They are at their happiest when they can say that Democrats love such events, because they love to say that Democrats like anything that makes Bush look bad. And they know nothing will make Americans hate Democrats more than thinking that Democrats support our troops being tortured and beheaded."

Even though I do suspect them of such despicable pleasures, I can't bring myself to make such a sick argument.

Perhaps that's why Democrats lose.


************
Addendum:

Well, that sure didn't take long, did it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home