Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What I'd Like To See...


By Cassandra D

...is what is directly beneath my feet.

When I was in the third grade, my friends and I spent every recess "digging to China." We used sticks day after day to dig up a huge rock, and I must admit that I was disappointed to find only dirt on the underneath side.

Isn't it pretty neat to think that if you kept digging and digging and digging, you would eventually come out on the other side of the planet?

From my eyeballing of my globe it looks like the Indian Ocean is beneath my feet. Surely if we can give our street address and come up with a satellite image of where we are, there must be a slick way to calculate coordinates on the opposite side of the globe and show us that image, too.

Anybody know where I can find it?

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger CGHill said...

Actually, yes:

http://www.digholes.com/

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Cassandra D said...

Oooooh! Thanks, Chaz!
Did you go looking for it, or had you already seen it?
That's pretty nifty.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger CGHill said...

I'd written about it before; if I remember correctly, I got it from Venomous Kate (electricvenom.com).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home