Friday, August 18, 2006

Crabby Friday: Bush, Again

By Cassandra D

Bush says our judges should look to the world we live in, rather than the rule of law, when they make their decisions.

"President Bush said those who agree with a federal judge that his warrantless surveillance program is unconstitutional 'simply do not understand the nature of the world in which we live.'

'This country of ours is at war,' the president said Friday. 'And we must give those whose responsibility it is to protect the United States the tools necessary to protect this country in a time of war.'"

Hmm... Does he remember the oath he took?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

What John says, dammit.

5 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Dr. Pants said...

You should check and see if he made a signing statement after the oath.

I'm sure it went like this: "Only if I want to. Nya, nya, nya. Can't get me."

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger RedDirt said...

This has nothing to do with your post -- but it just struck me: What if this entire blog is only in the imagination of insane woman living in an asylum in Seattle? What if we're all merely voices in her deranged imagination? Well, what if? I mean if America's sweetheart can believe that time travel in a car is real, I can believe that can't I?

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Cassandra D said...

Gee, RedDirt. Sounds like you are ready for the weekend! I usually come up with stuff like that at about 3 AM.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger RedDirt said...

It's the 3 a.m. epiphany! At, well, 7:24 p.m.

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous flamewhore said...

Well I think it's possible this blog is run by the whole "Peanuts Gang". Surely you've picked up on the clues. Crabby Friday is a dead giveaway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home