Wednesday, March 16, 2005

That's One Choosy President

So let's get this straight ...

To serve as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Dubya picks John Bolton, a bomb-throwing canker sore of a diplomat whose very selection is viewed by many around the globe as an outstretch middle finger to that organization.

To serve as undersecretary of State for public diplomacy, Dubya picks political crony Karen Hughes, whose sickeningly blind loyalty to the clod in chief has helped her parlay a career from TV anchorwoman to top-flight bureaucrat.

To head the World Bank, Dubya picks pugnacious neocon Pooh-Bah Paul Wolfowitz, widely reviled throughout much of Europe for his pivotal role in leading the charge for the Iraq War.

Nice. At this rate, it's just a matter of weeks until the BTK killer wins a Cabinet post.

5 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"At this rate, it's just a matter of weeks until the BTK killer wins a Cabinet post."

Yes. Because being on the other side of the political debate is *exactly* the same as torturing and hanging an 11-year-old-girl.

I like reading "Cutting to the Chase" because of your smart reads on movies and other entertainment, and because I often find myself reflecting on your usually thoughtful and frequently amusing political commentary, even when I disagree with you.

You've given readers ample reasons to expect better of you than this.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Bush is stacking up his people so they can look for WMD and Bin Laden. They are some where you know. I really worry NOW that Karen Hughes is trying to improve our relations abroad.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Chase McInerney said...

Brett -- Point made. I was being hyperbolic, but yeah, I get what you're saying.

Besides, I meant the BLT killer, which is not only lethal, but delicious.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would that be the 1400 calorie BLT?

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, the BLT may be behind VP Cheney's heart condition -- insidious...

I've been as guilty of hyperbole as anyone else, and it's usually when I employ it that people stop listening to me. That doesn't explain Rush Limbaugh, of course, but this ain't the Theory of Everything,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home