Thursday, July 07, 2005

This ... Is London

Dr. Pants has this to say about today's terrorist attacks in London:

"I don't know what to say, other than I wish it hadn't happened. Same way I wish 9/11 hadn't happened or the Murrah Building Bombing or any of the hundreds or thousands of terrorist attacks from whatever groups that have plagued us over the course of humanity.

"Still and all, not to be callous, but this is the world we live in. That doesn't cheapen those deaths, as any loss of life is sad, but maybe it makes more sense if we all just accept that shit happens."

Another sign of the post-9/11 mindset with which we need to come to terms:

In my office this morning, a woman I work with shrugged off the London explosions as "not being September 11th... it's more Madrid, if even that."

Added someone else: "It's more like Bali."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home