Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Dr. Tom's Staff Infection

If it's not Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn saying one thing, it's his staffers...

Max Blumenthal reports in The Nation:

"Michael Schwartz must have thought I was just another attendee of the 'Confronting the Judicial War on Faith' conference. I approached the chief of staff of Oklahoma's GOP Senator Tom Coburn outside the conference in downtown Washington last Thursday afternoon after he spoke there. Before I could introduce myself, he turned to me and another observer with a crooked smile and exclaimed, 'I'm a radical! I'm a real extremist. I don't want to impeach judges. I want to impale them!' "

Gosh, that's mighty funny. As moronic a statement as it is, Mikey's candor just again highlights what has become increasingly obvious: The Far Right wants activist judges. They just want to make sure they're conservative activists.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Coburn's senate service will benefit some Oklahomans: Unmarried teens who think that asking the good doc to remove one Fallopian tube means he shouldn't remove two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home