Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"I Saw Mommy Kissing ..."

The next time you ponder having "that talk" with your child, consider how easy you've got it, comparatively speaking.

Madonna notes that her daughter Lourdes recently asked if mommy was gay. The reason? She saw mommy making out with Britney Spears at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards.

"I said, 'No, it just means I kissed Britney Spears. I am the mommy pop star and she is the baby pop star. And I am kissing her to pass my energy on to her,'" Madonna told Out magazine.

A hard-hitting AP story explains that Madonna's child has an astonishingly acute sense of gaydar:

"The pop diva, considered by some to be an icon in the gay community, tells the magazine her 9-year-old daughter likes to guess who is gay: 'Oh, and the other thing she likes to do when we go out, she says, "Mom, do you want me to point out who the gay men are?" And I say, 'Okay, but I think I already know.'"

As for me, I rue the day I will have to explain to my daughter why daddy likes watching two women make out.

6 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you think Britney will explain the kiss to her child?

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the kid has trouble understanding the kiss, she's going to be a mess when she comes across mommy's "book."

i would feel sorry for her if she wasn't worth eleventy billion.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for her dinner companions. Can you think of anything more annoying than sitting across from Madonna's precocious little brat while she points out all the gay people in a crowded New York City restaurant?

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger mcarp said...

The real question is how will Britney explain daddy to her child.

As for the kiss, does Lourdes have good phonyassedpopculturefakescandal-dar?

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No Lourdes, I'm not gay. This is just what happens when two famewhores like the notoriety they can generate by acting like Springer rejects."

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger MDC said...

I personally can't wait until the seemingly already astute Lourdes calls bullshit on her mother for the "I was passing energy on to her" comment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home