Friday, July 07, 2006

Missing My MTV

Hey, here's something that doesn't have to do with anything, but is still mighty entertaining: Pitchfork magazine offers up 100 awesome music videos for your viewing pleasure. What's that you say? Your day just wouldn't be complete without reliving Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" or Toni Basil's single day in the sun? Look no further, grasshopper.

And as long as I'm waxing nostalgic about those sun-dappled days when Nina Blackwood vs. Martha Quinn would've made my MTV-addled libidinous head spin, here's a long-forgotten video I loved in my youth: Styx's "Music Time." Lousy song, great video. I guess that dichotomy pretty much defined 80 percent of popular music from the Eighties.

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a fun list. I never knew Yo La Tengo did a music video.

"What did my family ever do to Yo La Tengo to make you hate them so much!?!?"

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must protest -- Nina Blackwood ain't in MQ's league, baby...

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Daniel Gale-Grogen said...

And Martha's still hot in her mid-forties.

Funny how "Music Time" sounds almost exactly like Sparks' "Pretending To Be Drunk." I don't think Styx was pretending, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home