Monday, December 20, 2004

Media Musings, Take 2

Dear God, forgive me for it pains me to say this ... but Maureen Dowd appears to be in a free-fall. Her latest column in The New York Times is a tepid satire on "It's a Wonderful Life" as applicable to Donald Rumsfeld -- and it is lamer than lame. Yeah, yeah, I can't stand the guy, either, but claiming that everything would be just Hunky Dory if he'd never been born is just dumb, disingenuous and seriously hateful. I mean, surely, he did something good in his 72 years of life -- helped a blind woman cross a street, fed milk to a stray cat, left a waitress a nice tip, personally signed condolence letters to the families of soldiers killed in action (well, maybe not that one), something like that.

At any rate, MoDo needs a muse. Our It Girl is coasting.

***
It's official: George W. Bush is Time's Person of the Year. Which we guess means that Karl Rove is Time's Meta-Person of the Year.

***
On the more self-absorbed front, Time also explores the world of blogging. Woo-hoo!

***

Over at "American Idle," the President gets his Trekkie on.

5 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I hate to dis' Ms. Dowd, but I can't even finish her column these days. Do you think she could use a new administration? I'm surprised she hasn't found inspiration in Bernard Kerik.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, she's lost it, believes her own press clippings, etc.

I hope Jon Stewart doesn't go the same route, with a book and a tv show going so well.. I hope he realizes the danger of over-saturation. So far, he seems to get it. If TIME had any balls, HE would have been the Person of the Year.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I would love to see TIME come up with some balls and make Jon Stewart person of the year.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger RedDirt said...

Good grief, Chase, first you all but agree with me on the Democrats need to do a little navel-gazing about Islamo-fascism.

And now you agree with me on the legendary MoDo too? Looks like hugs breaking out all over blogolandia. What's next, you'll start criticizing Jon Stewart?

Oh, no, I guess not.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Dirt that won't happen. Don't you know whose really behind that curtain-- no criticism of Jon Stewart here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home