Friday, July 22, 2005

Metamucil moment for 24-hour news

This is beating the dismembered horse, but as I was walking past the television bank in my office, Fox News Channel's chiron was emblazoned with the words: "Toilet Painting: Art or Free Speech?"

First of all, I never thought we had to choose between the two, though maybe that is coming down the pike with the renewed Patriot Act. Regardless, there is so much news to report right now (London, Rove, John Roberts -- take your pick, bright boys), one has to ask: Who is the braying jackass who got this one past the assignments editor?

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger MDC said...

So which is "worse" according to Fox News, Art or Free Speech? Isn't art protected as a type of Free Speech? Why do I have to live in a world with the types of people who will get their shorts so tight in a bind over something as trivial as "toilet painting" that Fox News needs to cover it? Please, help me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home