Friday, August 19, 2005

The FOX and the Lizard

FoxNews.com features a short bit today on a Lawrence, Kansas, woman who found an alligator in front of her home. That, in and of itself, is hardly so impressive (I have come across a few reptilian Jehovah's Witnesses at my front door before), but I was struck by the headline that an intrepid FOX writer (how's that for an oxymoron?) gave the story:

"Big Lizard in My Front Yard"

Now, all I can guess is that the headline is an obscure allusion to Big Lizard in My Backyard, a seminal (and terrific) punk album cut in 1985 by the sadly underappreciated Dead Milkmen.



So, what does this mean?

That there is at least one reasonably cool FOX News employee.

Just thought it was worth pointing out. Keep hope alive!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chase... I've been happily humming Punk Rock Girl all morn.


I miss college.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home