Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Buck Loves Babies

My old pal, whom we shall call Buck Nekkid (per his directive), is decidedly of the booze-swillin', golf-playin', he-man woman-hatin' variety (for those of you who actually read this blog on a semi-regular basis, you might remember him from this). Still, he seems all a-twitter about me and Mrs. Chase having a baby.
This is the actual congratulations email I received from Buck:

"Buck Nekkid"
07/29/2005 01:58 PM
To: "Chase"
Subject: RE: Hey, baby lover

Well, congrats! Do you have an opinion on this?
You know what They say - girls are easier to raise. And They are never wrong.
Zak has one, and it doesn't seem to cause too much trouble. Although Zak
does seem to spend a lot of evenings at dance recitals.
Still ... eventually there'll be slumber parties. And by then I'm sure
you'll have your whole house wired with web cams for your good buddy, Buck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chase
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 2:51 PM
To: Buck Nekkid
Subject: Hey, baby lover

I'm gonna have a girl. We just found out today.

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chase,
While it’s always an honor to be mentioned at CTTC, I get the feeling this post wasn’t meant to portray me in a completely positive light. Perhaps I worded my original email in a manner that came across as offensive. Believe me, I meant no harm. All I meant was that I’m looking forward to watching your teddy-clad, teenage daughter engage in sweaty pillow fights with other young, firm girls. I apologize if there was any misunderstanding.

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Buck. You have managed successfully to keep yourself from any possibility of diaper duty (or even diaper room visitation) when our baby arrives. I'm sure you are relieved!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

A big congrats to Mr and Mrs Chase! :):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home