Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dear FOX ...

Dear Mr. Rupert Murdoch,

Amid the hand-wringing and outrage over the woulda-been, coulda-been O.J. Simpson interview on FOX, "If I Did It," let me be honest and say upfront: I'm sorry your network lost its nerve and scrapped the program.

I, for one, was very intrigued to know how the Juice would have murdered his ex-wife and her friend ... had he actually been the culprit.

Something tells me he would've been far too clever to leave a bloody glove at the crime scene. The O.J. Simpson I know, the legendary USC running back and even more legendary co-star of Capricorn One, would've dispatched his victims with decidedly more verve and panache.

There wouldn't have been any almost severing of the head with O.J. The man did everything to the hilt.

Shame on you, Rupert Murdoch. If anyone in the news media had the cojones to buck the timid voices of decency and good taste, it was you, sir.

This is not the FOX I know, the FOX of Bill O'Reilly and Neil Cavuto and Freddy Krueger. You've let us down. You've let us all down.

Thankfully, FOX is still full-steam ahead with its upcoming exclusive interview with George W. Bush, "If I Had Fucked Up the War on Terrorism ..."

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I weren't already married (to your sister) I'd marry your sister just so I could claim to be related to you.

The idea that Fox - of all networks - would bail on such a noble endeavor, is...well...you said it all. Although, to be "fair and balanced" I do need to point out that Geraldo and Bill both openly and in clear language condemned both the special and the book (while - at the same time - pretending that Fox News and the Fox had nothing at all to do with one another).

That's one hell of a smell test - if Bill O'Reilly and Geraldo Rivera say it stinks......

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Chase McInerney said...

Sigmund!

That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

Granted,it's the ONLY nice thing you've ever said to me, but still ...

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Zayzee said...

This whole Simpson case is really a surprise to me. For one, I never followed his case, though i have grown up to know that he is one famous man. What for, i never knew, till this book case came all over the internet, and my publisher asked me to do something on it, for our foreign page.
I don't know the man to say whether he did or didn't, but from the little i have read on net, i think a book like that isn't the nicest of idea. Let's be frank, it is making money through the back road. Just like J Lo's ex, wanting to publish a book about her, which she doesn't want.
Of course we know that America is the land where anything goes, but ethics shouldn't be forgotten when actions are taken. Simpson should know that he has fans who could be easily inspired to be bad. The world doesn't need more of that. Does it?

Uzezi. Lagos, Nigeria.

Saw your blog, when i goggled for latest stories on Simpson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home